Sunday, August 3, 2014

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class com.documentum.bpm.WorkflowVariables from class com.documentum.bpm.impl.DfWorkflowEx

We recently migrated from documentum 6.5 to 7.1 , and had to retest our code with new documentum jar files.

I found that bpm_infra.jar file was not any more in the new documentum lib folder so removed it from my class path , but I started getting "IDfWorkflowEx cannot be resolved to a type" compiler error.

This was understood as in the old version we had the related jar file "dpm_infra.jar". I also tried to keep the jar file in class path and then was able to compile and execute the project and even initiate the workflow successfully , but when i was trying to process a workflow item I was getiing the exception

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class com.documentum.bpm.WorkflowVariables from class com.documentum.bpm.impl.DfWorkflowEx


 Luckily I found an epert friend who adviced me to just comment the code as it was not really being used anywhere in my applicaiton (I was using a custom API to do docuemntum operations ) , so after commenting the related code and removing the dpm_infra.jar file from my classpath I was able to do all the workflow operations and file uploads and downloads.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment